Some updates on the blog posts this week! I frequently go back to update old posts in an effort to keep them current, concise, and ensure that they have the best information as I learn new things. Consider this like blog patch notes.
I am out a majority of this week and into next, so I wanted to give you guys a little update.
One more note before below: I may be switching to 1 Patreon, 1 Regular post a week. This is because it is quite hard to do 3 really heavily researched posts a week and is leaving me with a bit of brain drain on my days off. I have more notes about this below under PATREON.
- SHE’S GOT THE LOOK: Updated the entire look of the blog!
- SPAM: People who were subscribed to my blog via email received a large number of emails on July 5, 2018. This was due to me updating the front-end of the blog, which pushed several fake “posts” out as demos. This was a function that I wasn’t aware of, and so it spammed my Twitter account as well as my blog subscribers. The site was not compromised. It was my own error. I’m so, so sorry to those effected. I know the last thing you need is more spam.
- PATREON: I’ve begun creating written Patreon content. Patreon content will appear “protected” and be shown with a Patreon logo. Patrons will receive access to these pieces, which will be deep-dives on specific topics pertinent to skin, ingredients, and research. It will not be replacing my regular content, as I know many people who enjoy the blog are unable to pay for content, and that’s okay! Patrons can find all Patreon-specific content either on my Patreon page OR at the top of the blog, under Patreon Content. I really appreciate the support. 🙂
- SOCIAL MEDIA: You can find my social media at the top, in the menu, on the far right, as well as at the bottom of the blog. If it does not appear for you, turn off your ad blocker (I am not running ads anyway :)). I’ve thrown my Instagram, Twitter, Twitch (yes, I stream video games sometimes), and Reddit (gulp) there.
- WHAT ABOUT IT: I’ve ditched my About page since I have a fancy, floating sidebar with an About.
- Updated to removed Azelaic Acid (AzA), as it is not a true hydroxy acid, but a dicarboxylic acid. You can find the fancy new post on AzA here.
- Updated with lots of fresh information on the origin of the term “sebaceous filament,” switched around the title, and updated the information on whether or not you should use pore strips (do they “stretch” the pore?!).
Things I’m Working On
- Body Care. I’m trying some new products and routines out to find the best and most comfortable routines for the body. I’ll be working on a post about that, since we frequently discuss facial care but not body care.
- Adapalene. I’m trying out Differin again, so we’ll see how that goes! I’ll be writing a post on Adapalene in the coming weeks, similar to the AzA post.
- Acne. I ordered a textbook a couple weeks ago that gets referenced a lot on places like acne.org. It has taken several weeks to ship out to me, and I receive it in the next few weeks, so when I do, I’ll be digging into that.
- Rosehip Oil. The next oil on my list to write about. I use it all of the time and people swear by it. Personally, it does really well by my skin, so I’m excited to write about it.
- HadaLabo Premium Whitening
- CeraVe Hydrating Body Wash
- Some old The Ordinary products